Castle of la Triste Condesa
Built in the 15th century. Owned by the town hall, the Tower of Homage is currently under restoration. In August, the main courtyard is used for cultural and recreational activities.
In 1393, the king Enrique III granted Arenas de San Pedro the village status and appointed Ruy López Dávalos, of Castile to start its construction.
It is popularly known as the Castle of the Sad Countess, because after the execution of don Álvaro de Luna in 1453, Juan II allowed his widow, doña Juana Pimentel, the Sad Countess, to rule the village.
Source: Web server of Instituto de Turismo de España, TURESPAÑA.