The Roman thermal baths
Are found inside the spa of Lugo.Its state of preservation is good.From the original building there are some spaces still preserved such as the hall and the room used for cold baths, thereafter converted into Christian chapel.The thermal baths are located on the ground floor of the spa.
Barrio del Puente, s/n
Convent of San Francisco
Site of the sections of Archaeology, Popular Arts, and Fine Arts of the Lugo Museum.
Today it is one of the sites of the Provincial Museum of Lugo.It is suspected that the convent was created by San Francisco on the road to Santiago.The church, whose present day name is San Pedro, was built in the XV century in Gothic style.There is a Latin cross plan with pointed arches.Beside it there is a bell tower.What remains of the convent is the cloister with square floor plan surrounded by semicircular arches supported on double columns, decorated with plant motifs.The walls of the cloister are decorated with epigraphy, mosaics, etc. Another space that is intact is the kitchen decorated with useful items typical to a Galician, village kitchen such as pots, coal irons, lanterns, etc.
Plaza de la Soledad,
Cathedral of Lugo
After undergoing a long series of vicissitudes, the expert Raimundo de Monforte began work which lasted from 1129 to 1273. It combines several architectonic styles which range from Romanesque to Neoclassical. The ambulatory, the Main Chapel and the chapels in the apses are Gothic, from the 14th century The sacristy, the chapel of Virgen de los Ojos Grandes and the cloister are Baroque. The main façade is Neoclassical. It houses the Diocesan Museum.
Plaza Santa María, s/n
The Roman walls of Lugo
Formed part of a defensive complex which included a moat, the walls and the intervallum.
Date from the late 3rd century. They were built with a view to defending the Roman town of Lucus Augusti from the Barbarian menace. The walls formed part of a defensive complex which included a moat, the walls and the intervallum. They enclose an area of around 34.4 hectares and the perimeter is approximately 2,120 metres. The width is some 4.20 metres and the height varies between 8 and 12 metres. Their plan is quadrangular and the criteria of the layout are unknown to this day, given that they left some important residential areas unprotected, while in other parts pieces of open ground were enclosed by the walls. They were built with a type of mortar made from an earth, gravel and pebble base, cemented with water. Today, they consist of 71 turrets (60 with a circular plan and 11 quadrangular ones) with two storey towers. Access to the walled enclosure is through 10 gateways, of which five were opened after 1853 due to urban growth. UNESCO considers the Roman Walls of Lugo to be 'a unique and exceptional example of Roman military fortifications'.