Since 1957, the museum has been installed in the rooms of the former convent of San Francisco (cloister, kitchen and refectory), extended by recently-built rooms. With a variety of exhibits, it has an important collection of Religious Art, traditional Galician kitchen tools, an extremely interesting Pre-roman precious metalwork collection including the "Torques de Burela", sun dial collections, heraldry and the more common Galician and Lugo ceramics: Sargadelos. There are monographic sections dedicated to Prehistory and archaeology from Lugo, fine arts, etnographics and sumptuary art. Temporary exhibition room.
Plaza de la Soledad, s/n