Cathedral of Ourense
It dates from the second half of the 12th century and the beginning of the 13th, and was built on the site of a primitive temple from Swabian times. This building contains a mixture of diverse styles (Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Neoclassical), although the structure is transition Romanesque, with Cistercian and Compostela influences. It has a Latin cross plan and sanctuary with three apses, of which only one remains. It has been a basilica since 1987.
Plaza del Trigo, 1
Church of San Francisco
Church built in the high part of the city in the 14th century, in Gothic style. In 1929 it was moved to San Lázaro park. On the upper part of the façade a rose window stands out, the doorway is splayed, with a tripe archivolt. Inside, the roof is wooden, except in the main chapel covered with an ogive vault. Inside, a series of Gothic sarcophaguses are preserved.
Calle Curros Enríquez,
Old Episcopal Palace
The building dates from the 12th century, with Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque additions. It was built with the function of Episcopal Palace, but in 1895 the Orense Provincial Commission for Historic and Artistic Monuments decided to create a Provincial Archaeological Museum, installed here in 1951. The building was declared a Property of Cultural Interest in 1931.
Calle Obispo Carrascosa, 1