The Municipality of Santayí is located in the South East coast of the island of Mallorca, extending over some 12.639 hectares, the equivalent of 126.3 m2, at a distance of 50 m. from the capital of Palma. The population at the beginning of 1998 was 8.162 showing a slom increase every year. The inland villages of Santanyí, Alquería Blanca, Calonge, Llombards and the costal villages of Cala Santantí, Cala Figuera, Cala Llombards, Porto Petro and Cala D´Or comprise the main populated areas.
The coastline of 48.22 m. boasts many beautiful
sheltered bays surrounded by fragrant pine trees, and famous for
their clear blue waters fine sandy beaches.
In the town of Santanyí one can find the “Sa Porta Murada” an ancient archway, the only remains of the walled enclosure of the church “Roser” dating from the 14th century A.D. The adjoining church of “Sant Andreu” is of a later era, inside which is to be found one of the oldest and most valued church organs on the island. Of special interest are the building of the distinctive local Santanyí stone, and the colourful weely market held in the “Plaza”.
• Cala Santanyí with it´s inusual
coastal terrain “Es Pontas” has long been the inspiration
and traditional gathering place of artists from all over the world.
• Cala Fuiguera with it´s traditional fishing village atmosphere and picturesque harbour has also been the refuge of artists and Bohemians over the years.
• Cala Mondragó has officially been declared a National Park and Area of spexcialñ Interest so that it´s natural and ecological beauty can be preserved for our enjoynment in years to come.
• Cala D Ór is an enternationally renowned Tourist Resort, famous for it´s unique “Ibizenco” architecture of the low white buildings, surrounded by the costal pine trees. Its many small bays provide safety and beauty for the family holiday. The natural harbour of Cala Llonga is one of the most modern Yacht Marinas on the island, and provides and extensive range of tservices of the Nautical Community.
• The natural bays of Cala Esmeralda, Cala D´Or, Caló des Pou and Cala Egos are enjoyed by Turists of all bnationalistes, and the village by centre´s bustling pedestrian zone offers many fine international restarants and cosmopolitan pavement cafes where one can relax on warm Summer evenings and watch the world pass by.
• Porto Petro has successfully adapted to Topursim whilst maintaining it´s traditional Mallrcean atmosphere and values.
• The secluded and beautiful bays of Cala Llombards, S´Almonia, Caló d´Es Moro and Playa d ´Es Cargol also await the adventurous who wish to continue their discovery of the “unspoilt” Mallorca.
• Form the historic and magnificent mountain sanctuary “Consolacion” the entire landscape of the Municipality can be seen, including the coastline and it´s villages.
• Throughout the Municipality of Santanyí natural landscapes of beauty and wonderful views which will surprise you can be discovered, and create a lasting memory of your stay.