This route goes round Alcaraz village due
to its historic and artistic richness. Alcaraz is 81 km. far from
Albacete city, on the A-road N-322. The famous architect Andrés
Vandelvira was born in Alcaraz, where he is very influent. This
route starts in one of the most beautiful renaissance monuments
from the XVI century in the province of Albacete: the Plaza Mayor
(main square). This main square is surrounded by other beautiful
buildings from the same period, such as the Tardón and
Trinidad Towers (which belong to the church with the same name).
In the south of the village, tourists will find La lonja del Corregidor
(the major marketplace), built in 1518 (XVI century) by Juan Echevarría,
and improved in the XVII century. La lonja del Ahorí o
del Ayuntamiento (Ahorí or Town Council marketplace) is
in the north part of the square and La lonja de Regatería
(Reglatería marketplace) is in the west part of the square.
Next to La lonja de Regatería the Arco de la Zapatería
(Shoe Store Arch) and the Casa de la Carnicería (Butcher’s
shop house) are located, both date from the XVI century.