Trekking in Pollenša
Walking Excursions: The track starts at 100 metres from the monument to Costa Llobera towards Pollenša- Palma. It starts to go up between small pieces of land called "Costers" and is introduced into the holm- oak area that covers the major part of the mountain. When the cement path finishes the ascent starts with a track of stones and in the first curve we find the "Cardireta del Bon Jes˙s" and next to it "La Cova del Dimoni". Wihtout leaving the path and once we get to the top we surround the tower and arrive to the rests of a windmill, then we can enjoy one of the most beautiful views of the island. Although a big part of the excursion can be done by car, we recommended you to do in on foot.
1. Cala Bˇquer: The road starts in Port de Pollenša. At the left of the Formentor road there is a path surrounded by pine trees, that is the entrance to the "Possessiˇ de Bˇquer" (Bˇquer┤s Property). Once there, crossing an iron gate, passing through two big rocks and after the green pine trees area, we can observe the archeologic jewel of the area, a group of one of the most important nave style constructions known and a lime oven that was active until 1935. We arrive to the "Cases de la vall" from where the hole called "l┤Ull de bou" (The Ox eye) of the "Cavall Bernat" can be seen. Nearby we find the "Font de la Cala" from where the way to Cala Bˇquer and the "Cova del vellmant" begins. Length: aprox. 45 min. Difficulty:middle.Itinerary: Stone road.
2. Castell de Rei: The road starts going up from the crossing in the Pont Roma" in Pollenša. After a slope from the so called "Camps de Ternelles" the "Castell del Rei" can already be contemplated, erected over a big rock at 492 metres above the sea level and to which we can have access through the only way that, crossing the source of the torrent, goes upwards to the castle. From there we will have two options: to approach the "Castell de Can Conte" where you can find a fountain or to descend to Cala Castell, in both options, we will have to go back to Pollenša through the same way. Length: two and a half hours. Difficulty: medium. Itinerary: land path.
3. Els Molins de LlinÓrs: We can start the excursion from the old slaughterhouse and go through the old path "d┤en Gruat" crossing Son Marc Torrent; from the CamÝ Vell (Old Road) we have access to the road between Can Pontico and Can Serra, next to some cypress trees, from where we can already see the "Molins de Llinars". Nearby and on the right hand side of the so called "Salt de Llinars". The path goes through the mills and just in front of the fifth, begins the road that takes us to la Font. The path crosses a torrent and shows us the "sitges" and lime ovens. At 200 metres of the road to Llinars we find the "possession" de Can Serra", with some majestic plane trees that wurround the entrance path, and a curious system to cross the torrent that consists of some stones placed at one step distance of each other, called "Passadores de Can Serra"; on the right hand side, covered by vegetation, appears again the "CamÝ Vell" of Llue". Length: two and a half hours. Difficulty: low. Itinerary: asphalted road.
4. CamÝ Vell de Lluc: The excursion starts in the old road Pollenša- Lluc, at the end of Horta┤s street; we continue through an asphalted road some 500 metres to arrive to Saint Jordi┤s torrent, we cross it and continue towards Can Pontico through land paths until we find the road that takes us to Lluc. Then, following the road up to km.5.3, we find a big pine tree, after that we take the left hand side path that surrounds Son Marc, el Pujol, and el Molinet until we begin the ascent through a beautiful and luxuriant holm- oak area. The path, full of curves, goes up through a beautiful and luxuriant holm- oak area. The path, full of curves, goes up through the properties of Ca l┤Hereuet, and always on the left we have the wonderful Puig Tomir, of 1102 m. After climbing the Coll (col) we arrive to Binifaldˇ and we take the asphalted road on the right towards Lluc. We will arrive again to the Pollenša- Lluc road. We turn left and at 50 m. we will take a stone road which will take us to the Sanctuary of Lluc. Length: five and a half hours. Difficulty: medium. Itinerary: asphalted and land road.
a) Talaia D┴lbercuix: it is not a very long slope. The excursion begins at the Creueta┤s sightseeing point, in the road Port de Pollenša- Formentor, we take the right hand side path that goes up to a height of 380 m. where al lthe coastal of the North of the island is dominated and if the visibility is good we will be able to see the neighbour island of Minorca.
b) El Fumat I Cala Murta: On the road to Formentor┤s Lighthouse we will find a path on the right hand side at 200 m. passed the tunnel. The path ascends slowly to the Fumat (Smoked) and we can observe the wonderful views of Cala Figuera. Once at the top we can descend by the South face to Cala Murta, in this valley are the Houses of Cala Murta, next to a small oratory.
c) Cala Figuera: On the Formentor road to the Lighthouse, I km. before the tunnel, we will find a land road on the left hand side that goes downwards to a beautiful, dry and quiet inlet, surrounded by huge boulders proceeding from old landslides. We recommended you to bring some water with you.
6. Coves Blanques: The excursion starts at 100m. before arriving to Cala Barques (Boasts Inlet). On the way we will ifnd a land road that crosses a little wood. After crossing a gate, the path goes down ot some tunnels built during the 40┤s. When we arrive to the third tunnel, the way disappears and we should be guided by the "fites" or stone signals and continue descending till surrounding the cliff. We can cross it, and at about 300m. we will be able to observe some big pine trees that will be our reference. If we continue descending we will be able to arrive to Cala Castell, distinguishing the Castell del Rei at the back. Length: two hours. Difficulty: medium. Itinerary: land road and track.
7. Puig de Santu´ri: difficulty: low. Type of itinerary: road and track. Excursion of botanical interest, it starts at km. 1.2 of the road that joins Pollenša to Can Cullerassa.Distance: 4 km, approximately.